Goldendoodles are a hybrid dog produced by breeding a Golden Retriever with a Poodle. The size and color of the puppies depends on the size and colors of the parent dog backgrounds. Golden Retrievers vary in coat shades from light, to medium golden, and copper-reds. Poodle coats can be white, cream, apricot, golden, red, chocolate or black! The texture can be curly, tight curls, slightly curly or just plain silky.
Goldendoodle size is determined mainly by the Poodle parent being either a Standard Poodle or a Miniature Poodle. Also, some Golden Retrievers are bred for larger size than “breed standard.”
So, a Goldendoodle puppy could grow up to be:
- Weight: 50-75 lbs. (Standard Poodle crosses) 25-50 lbs. (Miniature Poodle crosses)
- Size: Depends on Poodle size crossed with Golden Retriever
- Miniature: Up to 21″ – Standard: 22″-27″ (shoulder heights)
- Color: White, cream, gold, red, apricot, brown, light brown, black
- Coat: Tight curls, medium curls, silky coat, or a combination!